Island is a dynamic, family-oriented, park, and home to Harrisburg’s
own minor league baseball team, the Harrisburg Senators. The Harrisburg
Senators is Central Pennsylvania's only AA baseball team. The team
plays on City Island's very own RiverSide Stadium.
Baseball is not City Island’s only activity. Activities exist for people
of all ages and cater to families of all sizes. Some of these activities include:
- The RiverSide Village Park, which overlooks the Susquehanna River and the
Harrisburg skyline. It features concession stands, a kite shop and souvenirs.
- Water Golf
is a beautifully landscaped, 18 hole miniature golf course. This challenging
course includes water hazards, sloping greens, water falls and a 60
foot walking bridge that spans to scenic bluffs.
- The Pride
of the Susquehanna is Harrisburg’s authentic paddlewheel riverboat.
Carriage Company offers horse-drawn carriage ride tours of City
Island and downtown Harrisburg.
- The City Island Railroad is Harrisburg’s scale version of the Civil
War-era steam train, the General.
- The City Island Carousel is adjacent to the Train depot is the antique,
24-horse, Mengels Carousel.
- Arcade & Batting Cages
- City Island Beach is where visitors can swim.
- The Skyline Sports Complex features sand volleyball courts and a multi-purpose
field for softball, football & soccer.
May 26, 2005
Comments or Questions